Kit, GI 275 Base
Kit, GI 275 Base
- Brand: Garmin
- Product Code: 010-02325-00
- Availability: In Stock
The GI 275 Base variant can be utilized as a CDI/MFD with features such as traffic, weather, terrain, SafeTaxi® airport diagrams, and more. When installed as a CDI, the GI 275 flight instrument, when paired with select VHF Nav radios or GPS navigators, can serve as your primary indicator for making, adjusting and tracking course selections. It is designed to accept a variety of GPS or navigation inputs, allowing up to two GPS sources and two VHF navigation sources. The GI 275 features an Omni Bearing Resolver that allows the flight instrument to interface to a variety of legacy navigation sources without the need for an expensive adapter. CDI source selection can be accomplished through the touchscreen interface, while course and heading selection is completed by using either the touchscreen or dual concentric knob. When pilots replace an older mechanical CDI, the GI 275 doubles as a modern digital indicator and adds MFD-like capabilities such as a moving map, weather, traffic and terrain.
Multifunction Display Functionality
- Depending on the configuration and installation, GI 275 is capable of displaying additional page functions and features beyond a traditional flight instrument. These features can include the following:
- A multifunction display (MFD) with a moving map can display terrain, obstacles, traffic, weather, airspace information, airways, and more.
- When interfaced to a GTX™ 345 or GNX™ 375, traffic information can be displayed on the dedicated traffic page or moving map. Patented TargetTrend™ relative motion technology and pop-up traffic alerts further enhance situational awareness.
- GI 275 can also be interfaced to a variety of traffic systems, including select Traffic Advisory (TAS) and Traffic Alert and Collision Avoidance Systems (TCAS). Traffic advisories are displayed on the dedicated traffic page and moving map.
- SafeTaxi airport diagrams display runways, taxiways, Fixed Based Operators (FBO’s), hangars and more relative to the aircraft’s location on the airport surface.
- Terrain shading incorporates yellow and red contouring indicating that the aircraft is 1,000 and 100 feet above ground level (AGL) respectively. Terrain information — as well as obstacle and WireAware™ database information — can be viewed on the terrain and map pages.
- GI 275 uses its internal terrain and obstacle database to provide audible and visual terrain proximity alerts, including, “terrain ahead, pull up” and “obstacle ahead, pull up.”
- When paired with the GDL® 69 datalink receiver, GI 275 is capable of displaying SiriusXM® Aviation Weather. It can also display Flight Information Service-Broadcast (FIS-B) weather from either a GTX™ 345 or GNX 375.
- An airport information page displays a variety of information, including frequencies, runway dimensions and more.
- GI 275 can be paired with the GRATM 55 or GRA 5500 radar altimeters — as well as other third-party products — to display radar altimeter readings on a dedicated page. Visual and aural annunciations are also available.